Other Areas

County Durham

For people living in County Durham, you can access our Hate Crime Advocacy Service. Victims of crime who have a mental health need can also access an advocate through the criminal justice system.

 For more information, see our Hate Crime Advocacy Service page.

 Other Areas

DAD also provides advocacy in other areas surrounding Darlington. Local authorities or other agencies commission us to do this on an individual basis.

 Our services in these other areas often include:

  • General Advocacy
  • Relevant Person’s Representative
  • Care Act Advocacy

 If you would like to purchase our advocacy services, please email advocacy@darlingtondisability.org or call 01325 360524 to speak to an Advocacy manager about your requirements.

 If you live in another area not listed about and need an advocate, your local authority is responsible for providing certain types of advocacy and information on what support is available. Please visit your local authority or council website or contact their first point of contact team.


How you can support us

As a local organisation we very much rely on the support of our local community. We support over 2,000 people every year to have greater choice and control and remove the barriers that disabled adults and children experience in their everyday lives. But we need YOUR help.

Click here to find out how you can support us

Return to top of Page