DASH provides 3 inclusive play schemes throughout the school holidays to all children, disabled and non-disabled children.
Honey Bears - children aged 3 - 7 years old.
Busy Bugs - children aged 8 - 12 years old.
The Buzz - young people aged 13 - 15 years old.
DASH promotes a free play structure, but some structured activities are also provided, including indoor and outdoor play sessions, workshops, trips to the seaside, soft play, swimming and bowling.
Through trained staff and volunteers we are able to maintain a high level of support for children. All staff and volunteers are fully DBS and reference checked.
We aim to:
· Provide a "children first" service.
· Promote a fun, stimulating and safe environment for children to play and socialise.
· Provide a range of exciting play and leisure opportunities.
· Encourage children to be as independent as possible through providing the appropriate support.
· Provide parents/carers with an opportunity to take time off from caring for themselves.
For more information about any of our services, or to request a General Information pack about DASH, please contact:-
DAD Children and Young People’s Service (ChYPS)
1P Enterprise House
Valley Street South
Telephone: 01325 489999
Please use main office number listed above to contact staff during school holidays. Your message will be forwarded to ChYPS staff.
As a local organisation we very much rely on the support of our local community, and continue to support people flexibly to have greater choice and control and remove the barriers that disabled people and children experience in their everyday lives. We support over 2,000 people every year. But we need your help.